Re: Suggestion re: Joining process

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 09:54:11AM -0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> >> With your support, W3C has launched the VIVO Open Research Networking Community Group and invites
> >> you to join the group.
> >>
> >> http://www.w3.org/community/vivo/join
> >
> > Some suggestions...
> >
> > Currently, it is possible to join a group only by clicking on a mailto: link.
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> Not exactly. The mailto URI is only for people whose accounts lack information we need.
> Once we have the information, people submit a form.

Unless I'm missing something, on http://www.w3.org/community/vivo/join one
can join a group by clicking on one of two mailto: URIs (either one has control of
patents and copyrights, or one doesn't).  But I do not see a way to join
without clicking on a mailto: URI...?

Tom

--
Tom Baker <tom@tombaker.org>