Re: Join public-council@w3.org list

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:

>   2) Please send me the exact name of your community group as you'd like it
> to be called at launch, as well as a short (ideally 1-2 paragraph) scoping
> statement and description for our web-pages.

Short : XML Performance
Long : Performance in XML Processing, Validating and Parsing Community Group
Charter

Scoping:
The Mission of the XML Performance Community Group is to determine the
requirements, use cases to get performance measurements of the whole XML
technology stack.

One of the goal is to be able to understand how XML (versus other
technologies) could be used as ground to make efficient processing and
identifies bottlenecks and features of this XML stack.
One later goal will be to compare XML implementations among them.

To do so, we might give hint on defining Efficient Profiles of existing
Specifications

Regards,

Mohamed ZERGAOUI
--