Re: Next Steps for W3C Coremob - Restatement of Options, Task Force Proposal - Last Call

Thanks Hidetoshi

Some comments below

Thanks
Jo

On 25 Mar 2013, at 04:44, Hidetoshi Yokota <yokota@kddilabs.jp> wrote:

> Hi Jo, Bryan and all,
>

> I think that Mobile Context is the most relevant area to pursue in this
> group and I'm expecting more work and agenda in (mobile) networking
> since it influences the UX very much. When we look at "Core Mobile Web
> Platform 2012", however, requirements for networking in 3.6 are very few
> and self-explanatory. As Bryan suggested, Web platform should have more
> to compete with native apps along this line. I don't insist on it if not
> so many people are interested, though.

I agree that the diversity of network connection types, including the absence of a connection is an area of interest.

> BTW, "multi-channel Web" caught my eye. Does that mean multiple
> connections / concurrent communications by a Web app?

What I meant when I wrote that was that people engage with the Web using many types of device, and creating Web experiences that work and provide a continuity of experience across those devices/channels and devices is a challenge that I think a continuing group should explore.