From: Jo Rabin [mailto:jo@linguafranca.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:29 AM
To: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Cc: nrooney@gsma.com; public-coremob@w3.org
Subject: Re: Possible Coremob topic: network efficiency and APIs (& OMA Device Apps Network Efficiency)

I would think that the general topic of being interested in efficient - with use of the underlying network, with the user's battery and wallet, especially when roaming - would be an area of interest to Coremob. Though DAP would know better than me the capacity of this area to reduce adults to tears.

In terms of establishing a liaison with OMA, as things stand I wonder if a CG is able to do that? Would that change if Coremob was an IG?

Re Network Friendly CG - my understanding is that its focus was quite specific to a GSMA initiative, "Smarter Apps for Smart Phones" which was due for update at the end of 2012, though that may not be a correct perception.

Jo