Re: Next Steps for W3C Coremob

From: Kenneth Auchenberg <kenneth@auchenberg.dk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:44:30 +0100
To: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L" <bs3131@att.com>
Cc: Jo Rabin <jo@linguafranca.org>, "public-coremob@w3.org" <public-coremob@w3.org>
> The key impediment I think is that you have to be a W3C member to participate in an IG.
> That's one of the key reasons that the CGs were established.

>From my perspective as a individual non-W3C member, being able to
participate and follow the discussions in this CG is highly important
for the group, since it enables people like me to participate when
needed, and to feed knowledge from this group into my organization
(Citrix Online), that isn't a W3C member (yet).

I understand the wish for accelerating the work and impact from this
CG, but I fear making a  W3C membership mandatory for the continued
work will limit the reach of this group.

//Kenneth Auchenberg