Inclusion of overflowScrolling in coremob specification

From: Wes Johnston <wjohnston@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:41:47 -0700
To: public-coremob@w3.org
As far as i can tell, overflowScrolling was included in the coremob spec
and in the current rng.io test suite because of a desire from web
developers to have some means of specifying whether or not elements that
overflowed allowed scrolling or not. AFAICT, its only implemented on iOS
Webkit as a way of switching from requiring two-fingers to scroll this
content, to only requiring one. There's also some bits in there about
kinetic panning that aren't well specified.

CSS overflow essentially already provides most of this ability and is
supported well in at least some mobile browsers. I assume the new
"overflowScrolling" property was only added by iOS because of some
previous performance and compatibility problems in webkit?

Can anyone give me a good reason its included in the spec, otherwise, I
think it should be removed.

- Wes