Re: Feature Rings, Incomplete Rings, and Compliance Grading

On May 4, 2012, at 03:25 , Jet Villegas wrote:
> I'm suggesting that the current system is pretty easy to game, an example from the CSS text tests:
>
>  assert( H.test.cssProp( elem, "wordBreak" ), "wordBreak supported" );
>
> We can "fix" Firefox to pass that test and go 100% green on ring 0 without having any word breaking at all. The expensive part of wordBreak isn't exposing the "wordBreak" string in the JS API's (yet that's all you need to pass!) It's premature to assert that you're testing for wordBreak with the tests as coded. I would leave it off any rings until it actually does something.

A number of the tests in the suite only do feature detection rather than testing. That's a bug. We have a bunch of tests that were submitted from Ringmark to review in this group, and we're putting together a checklist of stuff to watch out for. Doing only feature-detection is already on it.