Re: Charter amendment proposal

Thanks for your comments, Vidhya.

On 3/6/12 7:04 PM, "Gholkar, Vidhya, VF-Group"
<Vidhya.Gholkar@vodafone.com> wrote:

>a) remove "Otherwise"  [reads like a "Else" statement and it is not
>clear what the "Else" is referring to] and replace with "Where tests
>don't exist ..."  (or something similar).

There's a bunch of reasons why the CG might think existing tests aren't
appropriate (e.g.: can't be automated, to long to run, etc.). I'd like to
avoid having to list everyone one of them in the charter.

>b) There is a confusing statement about "contributing back to the
>original group". Q: Shouldn't the charter just focus on what this group
>does and not place (implied) obligations on what contributors do outside
>the group?

 Maybe this needs yet more clarifications. Tests need to be contributed to
W3C (there's no existing concept of per group contribution, nor would that
be desirable, imho). Their best home happens to be the group in which
their relevant spec is (or was) developed. Happy to consider an alternate
phrasing that captures our intent better.

Best,

--tobie