Re: Feature Test Listing/Comparison: Modernizr, Ringmark, and Can I Use

From: Dave Olsen <dmolsen@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:45:21 -0400
To: public-coremob@w3.org
It turns out that I was linking to the wrong repo for Ringmark tests
in my original Google Doc [1]. Rick Waldron gave me the heads up. I've
updated the doc to reflect the new-to-me location of Ringmark [2] and
its documentation. I've also added a sheet that lists all of the
Modernizr & Ringmark tests that I originally excluded as not
appropriate for my project. Now every test in both suites should be
reflected in one doc.

Related to this issue is the question, "What is the official
repository that we should fork and work from if we want to contribute
tests to Ringmark/coremob?" Is the current repo [3] out-of-date? I
believe I found the Facebook fork of that repo (which is where I
pulled the wrong test links from) on an official blog post [4]. Both
repositories may need to be updated to refer to the new repo.

Rick also mentioned that Ringmark is based on a survey of devs. If
there was an arbitrary cutoff for tests that made Ringmark initially
then maybe those tests that were ignored on the first go-around could
be picked up by the community. A list might prove useful in motivating
members. I'm ignorant of the history of Ringmark and coremob so if
this has already been discussed I apologize. I've scanned the original
thread on the Ringmark announcement and nothing jumped out at me
related to this issue.

[1] - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AntZUVoCEOyYdFRpUjZOWUZyaWxoSTlLLW1XVHVldHc
[2] - https://github.com/facebook/rng.io
[3] - https://github.com/coremob/coremob-tests