Re: Are Level 0 features included in Level 1 Spec?

On 20 Jul 2012, at 22:58, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L wrote:

> OK, whether there is a document or not, my goal for this CG is to help promote tools that help ensure a consistent feature set is available across as many browsers as possible. In the case of Level 0, I suggest we do the following:
>
> 1) Identify what we consider to be the expected set of features, via a document and test suite or a test suite alone

My view is that a document is required and that a start on a test suite is highly desirable. The features identified in the document are chosen based on a set of mobile Web application use cases.

> 2) To help fill the cracks as we find them, identify reliable polyfill libraries that bring the deficient browsers up to par

That sounds interesting. Bearing in mind what I think we agreed as the test methodology - that would mean that we are testing device/browser(version)/{library(version)}* combinations. What I mean by that is that each library can occur in multiple versions, in combination with multiple other libraries each at varying versions in the context of multiple browsers each at varying versions for any particular device. Sounds a bit scary, tbh.

> My focus here is on actionable goals that improve the landscape for developers. If we can achieve that without allowing ourselves to get drawn into the murky space of what '"is", is' re the Web, we can do something useful.

I agree (though I am still curious to know what the Web is).

Jo

ACTION-2 Write a short document on how to get an L0 out and what it might
mean
ACTION-4 Start a discussion on "what is the meaning of mobile web
applications?"