Re: Network Information Use Cases

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:55:30 +0000
To: "jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com" <jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com>, "public-coremob@w3.org" <public-coremob@w3.org>
On 7/5/12 11:43 AM, "jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com"
<jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com> wrote:

>I am aware of the fact that the current specification would not allow
>switching from one network to another, but still the fact of knowing of
>which network we are currently on is of interest.

In order to reconsider including Network Info API in coremob level 1,
there needs to be compelling use cases where Network Info API _in its
current form_ is both necessary and sufficient. None of the use cases you
mentioned can be met using Network Info only. They all also require a way
to change the network.

--tobie