RE: New draft of Coremob-2012 published, plus what's next

Hello,

Requirement 16 mandates the recording of audio clips.  I suggest we strengthen the language, requiring the audio to be available in an encoded format (eg Opus).  Without this modification, some might incorrectly assume the use case is already addressed by standards such as Web Audio and GetUserMedia().

Thanks for your efforts

From: Jo Rabin [mailto:jo@linguafranca.org]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 4:01 AM
To: public-coremob@w3.org
Subject: New draft of Coremob-2012 published, plus what's next

Hello Fellow Core Mobsters

In keeping with the festive season widely being celebrated here and elsewhere, the gift of a new draft of Coremob-2012 is now available, and my, Santa's Elves have been busy!

We've decided to combine the Use Cases, Requirements and Specifications into a single document, which will hopefully improve the readability and logic of it all. You'll find the latest draft at http://coremob.github.com/coremob-2012/ED-coremob-20121222.html.

It being the time of year that it is, this may not be the first thing that you will read next ... however, it would be great to get some feedback on this draft early in the New Year. I don't think I need to remind you that comments are earnestly sought and should be sent to this list.

In other news, we hear that there are some more widely scoped W3C testing activities which are set to take effect from some point in January. Naturally we're looking to find out more and will want to contribute to and benefit from any such activity.

Once we have all had a chance to review the latest draft of Coremob-2012 (and in many cases taken a break over the next couple of weeks) we will need to think about work plans for the CG in the New Year.

Looking forward to that, meanwhile have a great break, if you're taking one.

Jo