ISSUE-20/ACTION-8 Text on how conformance interacts with the availability of hardware

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:42:48 +0200
To: "public-coremob@w3.org Community Group" <public-coremob@w3.org>
Hi all,

chasing down my last AIs...

At the F2F we opened "ISSUE-20: We need to have a way to express how conformance interacts with the availability of hardware", which I had an action to handle.

Jo stumbled over the following yesterday (the operative part is after "However", the beginning is provided for context):

"""
A renderer is conformant to CSS Writing Modes Level 3 if, in addition to interpreting the style sheet as defined by the appropriate specifications, it supports all the features defined by CSS Writing Modes Level 3 by parsing them correctly and rendering the document accordingly. However, the inability of a UA to correctly render a document due to limitations of the device does not make the UA non-conformant. (For example, a UA is not required to render color on a monochrome monitor.)
"""
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-writing-modes/#conformance-classes

I believe that this can simply be adapted for any other situations.