ACTION-15: How to load assets depending on MQs

From: Robert Shilston <robert.shilston@ft.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:09:23 +0100
To: public-coremob@w3.org
Dear all,

At the Coremob F2F at Facebook earlier in the summer, we accepted an action to explore asset loading and media queries.  Specifically, this was to draft a non-normative document with implementation notes about how to load assets depending on media-queries that can never become true

After consideration and research, we've prepared an article [1] giving our point of view on preloading of assets within media queries.  In short, we've suggested a mechanism for developers to provide hints to the browsers to guide their decisions as to whether to preload.  We've done this in what we believe to be a backwards compatible way.

Best wishes,

Rob

[1] http://labs.ft.com/2012/08/a-proposal-for-preloading-resources-bound-by-media-queries/

--
Dr Robert Shilston [07940 387593 | skype:rtshilston | @rtshilston]
Director, FT Labs [labs.ft.com | 0870 085 2038 | @ftlabs]

--

This email was sent by a company owned by Pearson plc, registered office at