RE: App type research

From: Laurent Perez <l.laurent.p@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:32:34 +0200
To: public-coremob@w3.org
Matt, this is an awesome spreadsheet.

>From tests I'm doing at work, I'm not sure about Offline web apps (App
Cache) results, especially for iOS devices.

I've tested several cases where I'm sending a manifest file, and
listening for applicationCache events that should be triggered, like
'cached' or 'updateready', both are helpful in order to display a
popup message while content from the manifest is downloaded. There are
up to 8 events available, per
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/offline.html
6.7.1.1.

I've seen iOS devices sending these, and Android devices missing a few.

Were you testing all 8 events expected to be sent ? I know this is a
lot of work.
Also, are you interested in Blackberry tests ?

Regards
laurent

--
http://laurentperez.fr