Re: Ringmark is now open source

On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 at 23:27, Thaddee Tyl wrote:

> Furthermore, I wonder why Ring 0 targets the default browsers of
> Android and iOS specifically? This behaviour feels like the olden days
> of IE-only. We should target features for their orthogonality, not for
> their support in browsers.

I agree. This is a very "US" centric view of the mobile web. Even if we stick to the current model, seems kinda weird to ignore Opera given that it's the world's most used mobile browser (according to stat counter [1]).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers#StatCounter_Mobile

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au