Re: Rough first draft of Level 0

On Sunday, 1 April 2012 at 14:57, Scott Wilson wrote:

> On 1 Apr 2012, at 14:41, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 28 March 2012 at 15:57, Robin Berjon wrote:
>
> May also be worth keeping an eye on the Web & TV WG, as the Web Media Profile is tackling a similar set of problems for the STB and Smart TV space:
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webtv/raw-file/tip/media-profile/Overview.html

Might be worth gathering previous efforts of this sort… just so we can see how they were done, and where they failed/succeeded, and what we can learn.

I still think "the proof is in the pudding", and the only way to do this is to have proper running apps that, despite the best efforts by developers, simply don't perform on the Web Platform as well as their native counterparts. Another point of action might be to reach out to various companies that made the switch from (or publish both) Web App to Native App (e.g., the BBC, Facebook)… or if there are any that abandoned/avoided one in favour of the other. They must have a good reason for doing so.

Kind regards,
Marcos