Re: Update

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:06:19 -0600
Cc: "public-coremob-camera@w3.org" <public-coremob-camera@w3.org>
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>

On 2 Jan 2013, at 8:42 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick note (I'm still on PTO) that I'm increasingly concerned we
> might not find a single mobile browser that meets the various requirements
> we need to make a fully functional app. E.g.:
>
> - Mobile browsers that support HTML Media Capture: Chrome, Android.
> - Mobile browsers that support storing blobs in IndexedDB: Firefox.
>
> Although this somewhat makes sense as it is what we're trying to show and
> improve with Coremob, it might be a serious concern for the MWC app.
>
> We're investigating workarounds right now and we'll have an update shortly.

Hi Tobie,

Thanks for the update. I wish you luck in finding a solution!

One backup for the MWC app would be simply to show the photo gallery on different devices. That's obviously less interesting than the full camera+gallery combo.

Do you think you'll know the answer to your question in the next 10 days?

Ian