Re: Project status

On 3 Dec 2012, at 12:50 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:

> Putting everyone to Bcc.
>
> On 12/3/12 4:50 AM, "Ian Jacobs" <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Glad to see the thread already kicked off with discussion of design.
>>
>> For the MWC booth, we are planning to have these screens (probably
>> mounted side-by-side on a wall):
>>
>> * phone
>> * tablet
>> * laptop
>> * television
>>
>> I hope to work with all of you on adaptive layouts for these screens.
>
> A camera app for anything beyond mobile is going to look strange. (Have
> you ever tired taking a picture with a tablet? It's awkward[1].)
>
> I suggest we split-up the work into two applications.

Can we split the work into two functionalities but leave it as one app, where the camera functionality is only available if you have a camera?

> The camera app we're working on and an accompanying picture gallery app,
> that would automatically sync with e.g. Dropbox.

Can we (also) address the following scenario without Dropbox (E.g., just pushing to an HTTP server):

 * With my phone I take a photo.
 * The photo is pushed to a server
 * Any clients who have asked to be notified of updates are notified
 * They reload and have the latest photo.

That way I can take a photo with my phone and it shows up on the tv screen on the wall (after a short delay).

Ian