Re: [unhosted] remoteStorage + sharing hubs (for stuff, skills, hospitality, rides, ...)

On 14 June 2012 09:03, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:

> hello,
>
> for those who haven't tried yet, this email relates to:
> http://sharedstuff.org :D
>
> i love friend2friend networking but at the same time would like to see
> hubs to complement it, for example i would like to subscribe/unsubscribe
> public stuff i share to various hubs. this way we can still connect with
> people we don't know already or i friends don't know but who would like to
> share with us. eventually each group of interest could run ones own sharing
> hub, including local hubs 'berlin hospitality', topic hubs 'hackers
> rideshare', 'hitchhikers', combined 'transition town berlin', 'CCC' and so
> on :)
>
> including temporary hubs for events like - CCC Congress for sharing rides,
> hospitality etc. - shall we make it a hackaton at CCCB one of next weeks?
>
> maybe to early to look at implementation details but if start using
> something like JSON-LD than something like rdfstore-js could come handy:
> https://github.com/antoniogarrote/rdfstore-js
>
> this way we could leverage use of SPARQL (which to stay honest i can't use
> yet myself ;P)
>
> i cc 2 other mailing list and antonio (of rdfstore-js) but maybe let's try
> to keep conversation on most common list unhosted while it relates to
> rubscribing data in remoteStorage to such hubs?

I might spend some time porting some of these apps to linked data / read
write web

Essentially what you need is to work out (or reuse) a data model for the
items used.

I dont think it would take that long, im looking at docrastinate which im
actually finding quite useful in the local storage version