From: carolina <carolina@sindominio.net>
To: theglobalsquare <theglobalsquare@lists.takethesquare.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:09:32 +0000
Subject: [theglobalsquare] Scheduling TGS in the Berlin Biennale

Hi!!!

Since people is not sure when to join us in the Berlin Biennale, we have
done a proposal of topics, dates and actions to spread it out and see if
it's ok for developers and hacktivists, of course, it's open to changes
and if people want to stay longer it will be great!!!.
To schedule it a bit is just to help those people that can only join us
some days, so they can choose when to come, depending on the topic they
are more interested in.

In between the topics there is a list of the people/collectives we are
(trying to) contacting or we would like to be in Berlin with us, so if
you know any of them please forward them the message and if you have
some feedback from them just let us all know ;-) and feel free to invite
anyone else  ;-)))

So this is the proposal now we need people to join :-P

We "Divide" the participation in TGS in two types of activity:
        Nodes (contents)
        Actions

Nodes are:

1.- TGS
Starting date: 27 April
Presence: 2 months

TheGlobalSquare is a decentralized social and organizational environment
which respects privacy and transparency for individuals, public
organizations and actions. TheGlobalSquare will consist of P2P user
profiles which allow communication through a variety of social mediums.
This will enable global networking between local assemblies, task groups
and events. TheGlobalSquare will work to create secure global
communications infrastructure and hardware to make such services widely
available.

        Tribler
        Lorea
        Diaspora
        call4developers

2.- P2P
Starting date: 7 May
Presence: 1 week
Entirely distributed networks are the proven way to a truly free
network, based on cooperation among peers to define tasks, commons and
goods. This allows for the establishment of an automomous
decision-making process throughout the network.

        p2pfoundation
        Tribler
        Bitcoin
        Freenet

3.- Social networks

Starting date: 14 May
Presence: 1 week

Corporate social networks are the main tools that have been used during
2011 by Occupy and similar movements worldwide. These social networks
have become essential to spread movement ideals and to coordinate direct
actions. However, utilizing corporate social media is a risky option
concerning freedom, privacy, transparency. We will introduce existing
self-organized social networks that are based on free software
philosophy and commons principles.

        Lorea
        Diaspora
        Social Swarm
        Briar
        Soukey

4.- Privacy

Starting date: 21 May
Presence: 1 week

Why are we still communicating through unsecure corporate-owned systems
such as Gmail, Skype and Facebook? During these last months we've seen
the importance of privacy and anonymity in #revolutions taking place in
Egypt, Syria and Tunisia, where unsecure dissemination puts one's life
at a risk. We are also seeing many new corporate "privacy" policies and
government laws that allow user data to be easily handed to third
parties with little to no consideration for the user's rights or
personal safety.

        Telecomix
        Secushare

5.- Free culture / hacktivism

Starting date: 28 May
Presence: 1 week
The so-called "entertainment industry" is pressuring for laws that
restrict access to culture and impose censorship. This violates our
universal human right of free access to information and knowledge. We
shall have a debate about the implications and current status of
Internet laws such as ACTA, HADOPI, SINDEWERT, SOPA, PIPA, CISPA. We
will also define future global strategies and campaigns to fight against
restrictions of free information access.

        La quadrature
        FCF
        hacktivistas.net

6.- Economy of the commons

Starting date: 4 June
Presence: 1 week
Governments call it a crisis, but it's actually the end of an
unecessarily destructive financial system. Other initiatives are already
being put into practice that directly connect peers. An economy of the
commons is now possible, where people manage the economy
collaboratively, and where money is just a tool of facilitation.

        Bitcoin
        Flattr
        Kraut
        Goteo
        German currency projects

7.- Open hardware / robotics

Starting date: 11 June
Presence: 1 week
Generally we talk about free software, but hardware also must become
free so that we are no longer dependent upon corporations to produce
patented products. In a world where much work can be automatized, we can
begin to consider the possibility of a distributed robotic network. Such
a system could avoid planned obsolescence and allow the world far
greater sustainability.

8.- Social Media

Starting date: 18 June
Presence: 1 week
During year 2011, the #revolution has enhanced the importance of social
media. The intensive use of social networks as communication tools means
that anyone can become a journalist, that the people have become the
media. We can now spread the message of our actions to the world,
showing what is happening in each #revolution despite being ignored and
misreported on by corporate media.

DATES: End in June so that we may coincide with Brazil livemedia forum
and connect via stream with them

        Indymedia
        occupy comm teams
        Wikileaks central
        Altermet
        Globalleaks
        Mosireen
        Adbusters

Conclusions, schedule and future events

The last week of the Biennale will be a time to reflect on the work
done, to plan tasks and events, and to establish milestone goals for the
near and distant future.
Starting date: 25 June
Presence: 1 week

Actions:

Coordination meeting from #occupy movement tech-teams
Hacking the streets
Hackathons
Install party
Workshops (how to encrypt mail, use a blog, on each of our tools (lorea,
diaspora, etc ...)
Talks (what is free software, free culture, ....)
Copystation so people can copy free culture material

best

--- End forwarded message ---