Re: Using a light pastel background rather than a white background behind black text

Marvin,
Thanks for the comment. I want to make sure that I understand your comment. You are saying that using a white background behind black text violates one of the success criteria I think - if so, can you clarify which one and why you think that for us please. I don’t think that the Working Group is likely to agree that this is a violation, but we would agree that some users find black text on white too stark and prefer a lower contrast ratio, and that users can change settings in their browsers and OS’s that help address this as long as the authors aren’t offering content that prevents it (e.g. Scanned documents).

Please clarify your thoughts for us so we can discuss it better.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility