Re: avoid "color contrast"

Hi Josh & all,

Actually, *the wording used throughout those WCAG pages* is "contrast ratio" and "luminance contrast".  "Color contrast" is only used once in the main text, and twice in the future techniques -- which EOWG assumed was just an oversight.

EOWG discussed the issue between the technically correct terminology used throughout WCAG (with minor exception), and the incorrect vernacular of "color contrast". For a couple of EOWG folks who know a lot about color &/or vision, this was a notable issue.

fyi, EOWG decided to use the correct terminology and also note the vernacular in <http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/preliminary#contrast>:
* Section heading: Contrast ratio ("color contrast")
* In the middle of the section: (This accessibility requirement is sometimes called sufficient "color contrast"; however, that is incorrect — technically it's "luminance contrast". On this page we use "contrast ratio" as short for "luminance contrast ratio" because it's less jargony.)

In conclusion, EOWG's comment to WCAG WG was to correct the couple of places where "color contrast" seemed to be a mistake. :)

Best,
~Shawn