Question - H33: Supplementing link text with the title attribute

From: <noreply@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 20:34:12 +0000
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
Name: Jann McCaul
Email: jann.mccaul@mhcc.edu
Affiliation: Mt. Hood Community College - Disability Services
Document: UW
Item Number: Understanding Success Criterion 2.4.4
Part of Item: Intent
Comment Type: technical
Summary of Issue: Question - H33: Supplementing link text with the title attribute
We are needing clarification on when to use Title Attributes in Linked Text. http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H33.html We have some opposing understanding of the use of the technique. Some consider this technique as a mandatory supplement to the linked text while others consider this an optional supplement only to be used for extenuating circumstances.

Proposed Change:
Is there any way to clarify whether the title attribute must be used in all text links?