Re: C7: Using CSS to hide a portion of the link text

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 02:42:47 +0000
To: "public-comments-wcag20@w3.org" <public-comments-wcag20@w3.org>
Devarshi,
The sentence in technique C7 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/css.html#C7) you commented on was:

The objective of this technique is to supplement the link text by adding additional text that describes the unique function of the link but styling the additional text so that it is not rendered on the screen by user agents that support CSS.

I don't think that changing "but" to "by" is what we really want to say, but I agree that this sentence is difficult to read.  I've changed it to:

The objective of this technique is to supplement the link text by adding additional text that describes the unique function of the link and styling the additional text so that it is not rendered on the screen by user agents that support CSS.

I hope that this is more clear.  As this an entirely editorial change I've implemented it in the source documents.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility