Re: "Page Titled" vs. "Page Titles"

I disagree with that explanation as it is inconsistent when seen alongside
others. I am however, content, that since no one else pointed this out
before, it is good enough the way it stands.

-devarshi

Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Devarshi Pant <devarshipant@gmail.com>wrote:

>  Name: Devarshi Pant
>

> Email: *devarshipant@gmail.com*
>

> Affiliation:
>

> Document: TD
>

> Item Number: All occurrences in all pages that read “Page Titled” – E.g.
> see http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#navigation-mechanisms-title
>

> Part of Item: Grammar
>

> Summary of Issue: “Page Titled” points to an event in the past and sounds
> out of context.
>

> Proposed Change:
>

> Globally, change the wording to “Page Titles.”
>

> Thanks,
>
> Devarshi Pant

Although we can see that it is ambiguous,"Page Titled" is a handle meaning
"page is titled", describing the state of the page, not the process of
adding a title. Since these handles were introduced to make it easier for
people to refer to success criteria, we think that the confusion produced
by changing the handle would outweigh the benefit of choosing a clearer
handle.