Proposed a failure of 2.4.3 focus order when dynamically inserting content above the control

From: <noreply@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:20:01 +0000
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
Name: David MacDonald
Email: davidmacdonald100@yahoo.com
Affiliation: WCAG team member, Invited Expert
Document: TD
Item Number: (none selected)
Part of Item: Description
Comment Type: general comment
Summary of Issue: Proposed a failure of 2.4.3 focus order when dynamically inserting content above the control
http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-focus-order.html

I have long felt that inserting dynamic content behind the control that is inserting the content, messes up screen reader users. If the inserted information has any focus-able content then I suggest it is a failure if 2.4.3 because the person is at a certain point of moving through the page, and important information that they want to focus on is behind them in the focus order.

Proposed Change:
I can create a technique

failure of 2.4.3 due to dynamic insertion of focus-able content before the control that inserts it.