Re: Example 3 uses invalid terms

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Duff Johnson
> Email: djohnson@commonlook.com
> Affiliation: NetCentric Technologies
> Document: TD
> Item Number: PDF3
> Part of Item: Examples
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Example 3 uses invalid terms
> The "Description" given for "Tab Order" (Row and Column) options refers to
> "table row" and "table column".
>
> However, this (a) does not match the Acrobat UI and (b) is just wrong, as
> "tables" aren't at issue in Page Properties! For more information see
> Acrobat's help for this feature:
>

> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/pro/using/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7cc8.w.html
>
> Please note in passing that there's no option for "page content order" in
> the "Page properties, Tab Order" dialog.
>
> Additionally, note that the "advice" offered in this Example is simply "If
> needed, select a tab order option". That's not much "advice" and it's
> invalid besides. In fact, the only correct move for accessibility purposes
> is to set the tab order to "Use Document Structure".
>
> Proposed Change:
> - List item 5, change to: "Ensure Tab Order is set to "Use Document
> Structure."
>
> - Remove the "Option / Description" table entirely - it's not useful. If
> you feel like you have to keep it (I'm not sure why), please correct the
> text to be consistent with actual functionality.
>
> - While you are at it, please expand the "pages icon" graphic to provide
> context (ie, use a larger screen-shot that makes clear that the pages icon
> is to be found on the left-side panel in the Acrobat UI).

We have updated the descriptions of Use Row Order and Use Column Order to
be consistent with the current documentation, which is clearer. We have
also changed the example to set the tab order to "Use Document Structure".

This is an Acrobat 9 example, so there may be inconsistencies with the
current Acrobat X Pro user interface, such as the additional Tab Order
option. We are unable to commit to update these examples when newer
versions of the tools are released, as these are only examples of how to
use PDF authoring and repair tools.