Re: Situation B: Colors for stacked bar chart

Hi Makoto,

	There are no contrast requirements for charts.
	The only WCAG requirements for contrast are for text.

	The contrast ratio's of 3:1, 4.5:1 and 7:1 were just suggestions for making the bars in a chart be different from each other.  So you can see that they are different.

	If the bars touch it is easier to tell them apart.  Also - their relative position would provide additional cues.
	If they are separate it is harder so the difference might need to be more. And the distance between the bars would also have some effect.  But there are no defined criteria for amount of difference.

	Patterns are another means - and can be used when there are too many different bars or lines to tell the difference between them.

	However there are no set contrast requirements for charts or anything other than text.