Re: Techniques for WCAG 2.0: T3: Using standard text formatting conventions for headings (TXT)

I read the plain text techniques at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/text.html, and did not
find a reference that this pertains to plain text served off of the web,
unless we made an assumption.

The question is, should we expect someone to know that the techniques apply
to plain text files served from the web. And, could someone assume that
these techniques pertain to plain text files uploaded to the web? I think
so. Strictly speaking, it should be, as it then relates to WCAG and has
nothing to do with how the content was created. Once it is uploaded to the
web, it becomes a part of it.

To clear off any misgivings, can a modified title convey this point?
Something like:

“Plain Text Techniques for WCAG 2.0: Content served from Web” or,

“Plain Text Techniques for WCAG 2.0: Content derived from Web”

Alternatively, the ensuing description may convey this with a note.
Something like:

“Plain Text Techniques for WCAG 2.0

This Web page lists Plain Text Techniques from Techniques for WCAG 2.0:
Techniques and Failures for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 ...

Note: Applicable to plain text files served from the web”

Thanks,

Devarshi