The word homo sapien

From: <noreply@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 08:19:07 +0000
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Sylvie Duchateau
Email: sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr
Affiliation: Association BrailleNet
Document: UW
Item Number: Understanding Success Criterion 3.1.2
Part of Item: Examples
Comment Type: question
Summary of Issue: The word homo sapien
The term homo sapien has been given as an example for a word or group of words that is the same in several languages. However, in French we say homo sapiens, with an s at the end. On Wikipedia, English, we saw both: homo sapien and homo sapiens. But it seems that the page homo sapien redirects to the page human or homo sapiens. In French, Spanish, Italian and German, the word is homo sapiens.
Page homo sapien in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Homo_sapien&redirect=no
Page human:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapien

Proposed Change:
We will correct this in our version as it does not make sense to use the term homo sapien in French as it does not exist.