Re: F60 may either apply also to SC 3.2.2 (On Input) or need further specification (context change announced/expected, window type)

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:14 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: fischer@dias.de
> Affiliation: DIASGmbH
> Document: TD
> Item Number: F60
> Part of Item: Applicability
> Comment Type: general comment
> Summary of Issue: F60 may either apply also to SC 3.2.2 (On Input) or need
> further specification (context change announced/expected, window type)
> Opening a new window as a result of user text input is clearly an
> unexpected change of context and would seem to violate nit just SC 3.2.5
> (Change on Request) but also the A-level SC 3.2.2 (On input)
>
> Proposed Change:
> Either:
> * Preferably, make F60 applicable also to SC 3.2.2 (On Input)
> * Specify that the change in response to text input should be expected /
> explained before it occurs, icnclude that in the test procedure
> * Differentiate between opening a new window proper (i.e., a browser
> window) and opeing a pseudo-window (e.g. a lightbox) which would not
> necessarily constitute a (disorienting) change of context

We do not feel that F60, as written, should be a failure of SC 3.2.2, but
it is causing us to discuss issues related to text fields and SC 3.2.2. We
will be discussing potential modification to F37 or adding new failures for
SC 3.2.2. We have added an action (ACTION 150,
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/150) for you to help us draft this
new failure or modify F37. We are not adding this failure for this update,
since it will need to go to public review and the review period for this
update has ended.