Re: Lack of showing amendments

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM,  <sheena.mccullagh@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Name: Sheena McCullagh
> Email: sheena.mccullagh@blueyonder.co.uk
> Affiliation: Member of the public
> Document: W2
> Item Number: (none selected)
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: general comment
> Summary of Issue: Lack of showing amendments
> Some of us struggle to spot changes/proof read.  It would therefore have been exceptionally useful if the amendments/changes in the 8 July drafts had been marked to show the differences between those documents and the existing WAIG2.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Please mark amendments/changes in some way - including where you have 'repaired' broken links.

The draft documents released for public review contain links to
diff-marked versions:

Understanding WCAG 2.0, Single file diff-marked version showing
revisions since 11 December 2008,
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20100708/complete-diff.html

Techniques for WCAG 2.0, Single file diff-marked version showing
revisions since 11 December 2008,
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20100708/complete-diff.html

Unfortunately, the diff mark-up will not catch links whose only change
is to their targets.

While we believe that all links were reviewed and were either working
or removed when the draft documents were released, we have no way of
ensuring that those links continue to stay unbroken.