Re: no keyboard trap for content who can't receive keyboard focus

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:35 AM,  <aurelien.levy@temesis.com> wrote:

> Name: levy
> Email: aurelien.levy@temesis.com
> Affiliation: temesis
> Document: TD
> Item Number: FLASH17
> Part of Item: Applicability
> Comment Type: general comment
> Summary of Issue: no keyboard trap for content who can't receive keyboard focus
> this technique isn't relevant regarding the 2.1.2 criterion because the criterion says : "if keyboard focus can be moved to a component of the page using a keyboard interface" and the problem described in the technique is that "it is not possible to move keyboard focus between the Flash content and HTML content without using a mouse". So in the case of firefox the 2.1.2 criterion isn't applicable
>
> Proposed Change:
> remove this technique or mark it as an advisory technique

You are correct that this technique is also appropriate for Success
Criterion 2.1.1 to ensure all functionality of the content is operable
by keyboard. Since this is a technique that can be employed to address
an incompatibility in particular browsing environments we will add it
to Success Criterion 2.1.1.

However, it is still sometimes possible for users to be trapped in
Flash content in some situations so we will continue to list it under
2.1.2 as well.

The title of the technique has been modified to "Providing keyboard
access to a Flash object and avoiding a keyboard trap". The first
sentence in the Description section has been modified to "The
objective of this technique is to allow keyboard focus to move to and
from Flash content embedded in a web page."