Re: C9 Example 4: Image replacement

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 8:28 AM, <makoto.ueki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: Infoaxia, Inc.
> Document: TD
> Item Number: C9
> Part of Item: Examples
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: C9  Example 4: Image replacement
> Example 4 uses Image Replacement technique to replace text. In this case or
> any other Image Replacement, an image used via CSS can't be programmatically
> determined. This is not an appropriate example.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Why do you use Image Replacement as a good example?  Remove Example 4. If
> you won't remove it, we'd like to know the reason for the international
> harmonization.

Because C9 is a technique about the use of decorative images, we will remove
this example the next time we update the Techniques. Technique C30, Using
CSS to replace text with images of text and providing user interface
controls to switch, provides a more in-depth look at how an author might use
image-replacement. For background, note that C30 requires that authors
provide a user interface control to switch to a presentation that includes
only programmatically determined text.