(no subject)

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I personally believe that the settings for three flashes (SC 2.3.1) should
> be determined by the "individual's neurologist". If he says SC 2.3.1 is too
> high, and a frequency of 2 flashes is tolertable, there should be a form to
> control how much each users sees.

Thank you for your comment.

We did not require this (although an author could do this) because it
is not always possible. For example, if there is a movie on the page,
it is possible for an author to test for some level or number of
flashes (say of lightning) before they publish. It is not possible to
put a control on the page to change the number of lightning flashes in
the movie. Since it is often not possible to control things
individually we did not include that as a requirement. Instead, we
used the criterion that have been developed for broadcast material.

However, we plan to  add an undrafted advisory technique for a user to
specify the maximum number of flashes per second.