Your Posts to the public list

Dear Chris

We have received a number of comments from you to the Public Comments
list.

Some of the comments you sent in are related to comments on the
documents.   These we are processing and will send comments to back to
you when we have time to review and respond to them (2 are completed
and are below.  The others will follow as we get to them in queue).

Other comments you sent are not asking about the guidelines but are
instead requests to comment on or advise you on aspects of pages you
are writing.  We are not able to respond to these types of inquiries.

The WCAG Public Comments List is for public comments on the WCAG
documents. Please use this public comment list only to submit errors,
omissions, issues, or needed clarifications to the documents.
Suggestions for new techniques should be submitted using the
Techniques for WCAG 2.0 submission form.

Please note that the public list should not be used to ask questions
about particular websites or implementation issues. We just don't have
the ability to respond to these questions.  Questions about how to
apply WCAG to a particular page or site should be sent
        a) to one of the many consultants working in the area,
        b) to the WAI Interest Group (IG) mailing list (w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
),
    or c) to one of the many other mailing lists and forums that focus
on Web accessibility.

Some general comments that may be helpful to you.

1) NOTHING is required that is not specifically required in the WCAG
2.0 Guidelines.

	- and in the WCAG 2.0 guidelines - the ONLY things required are the
SUCCESS CRITERIA and the Conformance Requirements that you can find in
the CONFORMANCE section of WCAG 2.0

2) TECHNIQUES  are NEVER required.      They as simply options that
you may or may not use to meet the Success criterion in WCAG 2.0

3) Some techniques will conflict with other techniques.  Since neither
is required this is not a problem.  If two techniques conflict - then
don't use both.

4) Read the Understanding document carefully to understand the Success
Criteria.

Thank you for your comments.  We will be responding to the ones that
are suggesting changes to our documents (edits, errors or
omissions).   Below are the items that do NOT fall in this category
and that we are not in a position to address.

Thank You

Gregg and Loretta

YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALL LISTED BELOW  GROUPED INTO THREE CATEGORIES

1) WCAG Questions - Done
These are questions about the WCAG documents that we have answers for.
And they are provided with each item.  In general however - questions
are put in queue and will take some time to get to.  (see #3 below)

2) WCAG Questions -  Still in Queue
These are question about the WCAG documents that are in queue for
discussion by the Working Group.    We will work on them in turn as we
get to them.  Thank you for your comments.   We will let you know how
they come out when they are processed.  It may take some time
depending on other work items.
If you need quicker responses in order to do your work - please check
with a consultant. They can probably help you to understand the
guidelines while we work on making the language more understandable in
our formal docs to be released later this year.

3) Consultant Questions
  These are questions that should be addressed to consultants.  They
do not fall into the category of things we need to change in the next
release of the WCAG support documents.

YOUR COMMENTS