Re: Typo?

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:33 AM, Mark Magennis <Mark.magennis@ncbi.ie> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On the 'How to Meet WCAG 2.0' page, under criterion 1.1.1 it says "Controls,
> Input: If non-text content is a control or accepts user input, then it has a
> name that describes its purpose. (Refer to Guideline 4.1 for additional
> requirements for controls and content that accepts user input.)".
>
> Should that not say "Refer to Guideline 3.3"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dr. Mark Magennis
> Director of the Centre for Inclusive Technology (CFIT)
> NCBI (National Council for the Blind of Ireland)
> Whitworth Road, Dublin 9, Republic of Ireland
>
> Tel: +353 (0)71 914 7464
> www.cfit.ie

Thanks, Dr. Magennis.

While it isn't exactly a typo, it would be more accurate and clear if
the note referred to Success Criterion 4.1.2, rather than Guideline
4.1. Success Criterion 4.1.2 requires that user interface components
have a name, role, state, property and value. This is closely related
to the requirements that SC 1.1.1 places on user interface controls to
have a name that describes its purpose.

Unfortunately, since the Guidelines are now published, we can't change
it to the more accurate SC 4.1.2 reference.

We will include it as an errata comment.