Re: Color Contrast AA vs Parsing

The WCAG Public Comments List is for public comments on the WCAG documents.
Please use this public comment list only to submit errors, omissions, issues, or
needed clarifications to the documents.

Please note that the public list should not be used to ask questions about
particular websites or implementation issues. We just don't have the ability to
respond to these questions. Questions about how to  apply WCAG to a particular
page or site should be sent
    a) to one of the many consultants working in the area,
    b) to the WAI Interest Group (IG) mailing list (w3c-wai-ig@w3.org),
or c) to one of the many other mailing lists and forums that focus on Web
accessibility.

As a partial response to your question, please note that WCAG 2.0 techniques are
not requirements. They are simply options that you may or may not use to meet
the Success criterion in WCAG 2.0.