Geospatial mapping applications

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 05:16:46 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Joel Starkey
Email: joel.starkey@ga.gov.au
Affiliation: Australian Government Department
Document: W2
Item Number: (none selected)
Part of Item:
Comment Type: general comment
Summary of Issue: Geospatial mapping applications
Are there any inclusions / exclusions in the new guidelines that identify accessibility requirements for geospatial mapping web applications, similar to Google Maps? The Government Agency I work for, Geoscience Australia, produces many applications of this type and I would like to know what effect we will have if we adopt these guidelines. An example of a particular mapping application we host can be viewed at

http://webmap.ga.gov.au/imf-natural_hazards/imf.jsp?site=natural_hazards_earthquake