Re: HTML techniques - WCAG 2: technique is duplicated

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:51:03 -0700
To: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Sailesh Panchang
<sailesh.panchang@deque.com> wrote:

> 3. H81: Using nested list to convey link purpose: I think AT support is
> lacking and should be noted under user agent notes
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sailesh Panchang
> Accessibility Services Manager (Web and Software)
> Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
> 11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
> Reston VA 20191
> Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
> E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com

We are adding the following User Agent Note, and augmenting the
description. We agree that this technique is not currently well
supported by assistive technology.

User Agent Note:

Although the context information is programmatically associated with
the link, assistive technology lacks commands for reading this
content.

Add to Description:

"Because current AT does not include commands to query information
contextual information provided by parent list items, use of this
technique requires users to navigate the list one item at a time.
Therefore, this technique may not be appropriate for very long or
deeply nested lists."