Re: review off the different resolutions on my comments

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:12:48 -0700
To: "aurélien levy" <aurelien.levy@free.fr>
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:00 AM, aurélien levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr> wrote:
>  Comment 7: clarifications needed on SC 1.4.5
>  Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-comments-wcag20/2008Jan/0007.html
>  (Issue ID: 2384)
>
>  My first question : "What about the use of font like futura who are not basic web font but near to them? did I need to replace it ?" is on image of text not on text only sorry for that.
>
>  For example, Safari support font embedding but others browsers don't. Even if the future version of others browsers may support it there will still have some old browser out there.

If you cannot achieve the desired effect, you technically could use an
image of text (with a text alternative, of course) in this situation
and still meet SC 1.4.5. However, the working group feels that the
best approach is to use a cascade, so that users who have the font
installed get it, and others get a similar font.