Re: review off the different resolutions on my comments

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:09:08 -0700
To: "aurélien levy" <aurelien.levy@free.fr>
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:00 AM, aurélien levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr> wrote:

>  Comment 1: missing situations in SC 1.4.1
>  Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-comments-wcag20/2008Jan/0002.html
>  (Issue ID: 2379)
>
>  ok with : "Situation A: If the color of particular words or backgrounds is used
>  to indicate information"
>
>  We are still missing the case of people using name of color instead of color itself like click on red , click on blue, red or blue are not the color of particular words or backgrounds it can be plain black text on white background. I can indicate colors just by writing words and not by using colors

We have reworded the situation to 'If the color of particular words,
backgrounds, or other content is used to indicate information'. The
situation you describe where a text string is being used that happens
to be the name of a color does not require any accessibility
techniques. If it's text, it's accessible just like any other text as
long as it is not referring to a colored object.