Case of no items corresponding Level AAA conformance requirements

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 02:06:01 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Yukie Motomiya
Email: yukie.motomiya.zm@hitachi.com
Affiliation: Hitachi, Ltd.
Document: W2
Item Number: Conformance Requirement 1: Conformance Level
Part of Item:
Comment Type: question
Summary of Issue: Case of no items corresponding Level AAA conformance requirements
We have one question on Conformance requirements 1):

 Q1. Do we understand correctly that we can’t claim that our web site conforms “level AAA” if the web site doesn’t include items correspond to level AAA success criteria?

For example, “Live Audio-only” can’t be included in our web site. If our understanding is correct, we can’t claim our web site conform “level AAA” forever.

Proposed Change:
Add the status “not applicable” and accept this as, for example, Level AAA.