achieving all or one ?

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:06:53 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Aurelien Levy
Email: aurelien.levy@free.fr
Affiliation:
Document: UW
Item Number: Understanding Success Criterion 1.4.8
Part of Item: Intent
Comment Type: technical
Summary of Issue: achieving all or one ?
the guidelines say :

\"a mechanism is available to achieve the following:

* foreground and background colors can be selected by the user

* width is no more than 80 characters

* text is not aligned on both the left and the right

* line spacing is at least space-and-a-half within paragraphs, and paragraph spacing is larger than line spacing

and the techniques say : \"Each numbered item in this section represents a technique or combination of techniques that the WCAG Working Group deems sufficient for meeting this Success Criterion\"

So, I understand that if I do only one of the techniques it sufficient for meeting this success criterion but if I specify foreground and background colors in CSS it\'s not resolving the problem of large width, aligned on both left the right text, small line spacing, scrolling when resizing

Proposed Change:
Each numbered item in this section represents a technique or combination of techniques that the WCAG Working Group deems sufficient for meeting  a part of this Success Criterion. All the numbered item must be satisfied for meeting this Success Criterion.

Otherwise change the guideline to :

\"For the visual presentation of blocks of text, a mechanism is available to achieve one of the following :\"