Comment LC-1057

From: Gian Sampson-Wild <gian@tkh.com.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 01:39:42 +1000
To: "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: <public-comments-WCAG20@w3.org>

Comment 35:

Source: http://www.w3.org/mid/000901c69538$2e394450$f4c9b23a@tkhcomputer
(Issue ID: LC-1057)

2.5: There should be a Level 1 SC which requires error prevention
techniques, such as providing instructions at the beginning of a form

Proposed Change:

Create a new SC. I am happy to help with this

----------------------------
Response from Working Group:
----------------------------

In addition to success criteria 2.5.3 and 2.5.4 in the April 2006 draft, we
have created two new success criteria intended to help users avoid errors:
1. A Level AA success criterion "Labels or instructions are provided when
content requires user input". 2. A Level AAA success criterion that is
similar to the level AA (was
2.5.3) success criterion except there are no exceptions. "For forms that
require the user to submit information, at least one of the following is
true:
   1. Reversible: Transactions are reversible.
   2. Checked: Submitted data is checked for input errors before going on to
the next step in the process.
   3. Confirmed: A mechanism is available for reviewing, confirming, and
correcting information before finalizing the transaction."
Response from GSW:
I still believe there needs to be a SC at Level 1.