Comment LC-1091

From: Gian Sampson-Wild <gian@tkh.com.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:36:53 +1000
To: "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: <public-comments-WCAG20@w3.org>

Comment 65:

Source: http://www.w3.org/mid/001f01c695f9$31b504e0$9288b23a@tkhcomputer
(Issue ID: LC-1091)

Script: The techniques and examples are very script heavy. It appears, to a
casual reader, that the W3C is advocating scripting above other
technologies, such as PDF, XHTML or CSS.

Proposed Change:

Ensure that techniques and examples are evenly spread over a variety of
technologies

----------------------------
Response from Working Group:
----------------------------

The examples have to match the technologies. The scripting examples are only
used where we are trying to demonstrate dynamic content. Scripting is the
most common method for this.  If you have other examples you think could be
included, please submit them.  We are always looking for additional good
examples.
Response from GSW:
I am not a Member of the Working Group. If I was I would be happy to write
such techniques. I believe that these types techniques are a direct result
of the people involved in the Working Group and therefore it is inherently
biased towards these types of technologies