[last call] Cognitive disability

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:33:52 -0400
To: "WCAG 2 comments" <public-comments-wcag20@w3.org>

The guidelines place in level 3 very many of the requirements necessary to
help people with cognitive and reading disabilities access the web. Since
only 50% of level 3 requirements (as chosen by content authors) need to be
met in order to claim confomance to the guidelines, it is quite possible
to conform to the guidelines at triple-A level while doing very little
(and clearly not enough) to address the needs of these user groups.

I propose either that this be explicitly and clearly explained in the
introductory and conformance sections, or that the levels system be
reworked as per my lat call comment on them.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com         Try Opera 9 ASAP! http://opera.com