WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:00:04 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Jon Gunderson
Email: jongund@uiuc.edu
Affiliation: UIUC
Document: W2
Item Number: navigation-mechanisms-title
Part of Item:
Comment Type: technical
I recommend this requirement be moved to SC1. If descriptions of an image are SC1, then are not descriptions or titles of a web page of equal importance? This should be merged with requirements of 2.4.5 and that descriptions/titles should be \"unique\" for collections of a web resources as part of the success criteria.

See UIUC Web Accessibility Best Practices:

http://html.cita.uiuc.edu/nav/title.php

Proposed Change:
I recommend this requirement be moved to SC1 and merged with the requirements of 2.4.5.