WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:27:43 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Sailesh Panchang
Email: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Affiliation: Deque Systems Inc
Document: W2
Item Number: Provide synchronized alternatives for multimedia
Part of Item:
Comment Type: QU
Although the term \'synchronized\' is used in the guideline 1.2, it is not used to describe any of the requirements in the  various SC. Why not?

If it is a matter of detail or technique, then why has \'extended\' audio descriptions been explicitly specified against 1.2.6? (By the way I suggested do away with 1.2.6 in an earlier issue I raised.)

Proposed Change:
I think synchronized is a key word and needs to be included in the SC too.